Chamber Moves Forward
The Montrose-Waverly Chamber of Commerce works to promote all aspects of the city to benefit the people and businesses of the area.
The goals of the chamber are:
• to successfully present and conduct an expo of area businesses and groups
• to provide monetary contributions of $1,000 to local organizations
• to participate in community events by representation of chamber members or financial support
• to assemble both physical and web site documents, highlighting chamber members by providing business and contact information about chamber members
• to increase membership in the chamber
The chamber has a number of events throughout the year to help them attain these goals.
An expo held in the fall allows local businesses to show their products and services available to the community. Included at this expo is the “Taste of Montrose” where local food establishments give the community the opportunity to sample their creations.
In the winter, the Ice Festival brings the community together for sleigh rides, prizes and an ice fishing contest.
Once every quarter, Chamber Night Out is held for everyone in the community.
The chamber sponsors a community bucks program. These bucks can be used just like cash at local businesses.
Contact Kent Houston at Citizens State Bank (763) 658-4417 ext. 35 for more information about community bucks.
Two scholarships are awarded each year by the chamber to area students who are in the top percentile in their class.
Montrose-Waverly Chamber of Commerce 2008 officers are: Alex Roeser, president: Derek Groth, vice president; Kent Houston, secretary; Dawn Olchefske, treasurer; Jim and Sonya Tourville, membership committee.
Contact Jim Tourville at 612-508-6474 with any questions or for more information about the chamber.
The Montrose-Waverly Chamber of Commerce web site is www.montrosewaverlychamber.com.